Monday, March 10, 2008

Early Cuyler Collection is Here!

Well, after 3 weeks on vacation (from the blog, only!), I am back and I am proud to announce the release of the Complete Early Cuyler Collection - aka "the Redneck Squid Collection"!!! The collection contains 42 -and counting- designs inspired by the hats worn by Early on the Adult Swim cartoon, "The Squidbillies".

My husband an I adore the Squidbillies. It is totally weird, fun and unusually fresh and raw. In nearly each episode the patriarchal squid, Early, wears a new, hillarious hat (usually, but not always related to the episode).
After watching
season one
repeatedly I got to thinking about designing the hats. Finally, when season two started airing I decided to do it.

So there you have it. Each week I plan on adding the new design - I had to append 3 designs while working on the project, but the collection is COMPLETE - even last night's design is done!

I have to apologize to the all hardcore fans out there who were really looking forward to their favorite design on a trucker hat. I will explain why some are not available and why most, if on a hat, are different.

In the Squidbillies world, a squid's hat dimensions are something like the size of a piece of paper, 8.5x11, oriented vertically. In the the REAL world, the print area on a trucker hat turns out to be something like 2x5 - that's 2 inches high by 5 inches wide. Not exactly the same aspect ratio!!!

Phew! Enough explaining & back story. The two designs I'm featuring today are the infamous "Booty Hunter", which appears in the beginning of each episode, and the "Firesquid" which also makes numerous appearances during flashbacks to Early's younger days.

Get the designs ready to go on shirts at the Insan Art Store @ Cafepress - or, since I don't have them available pre-made in my Spreadshirt store yet, you could head over to my all new Spreadshirt Designer Store and design your own shirt* using any of the Early Cuyler collection designs - the ONLY complete collection available, currently with 42 designs!

So, get yourself some redneck squid swag, and stay tuned!! Lots of exciting and new things happening around here this week!

* Note: Some designs are not available on certain shirts and most non-shirt products.

No comments: