Monday, February 4, 2008

Power of Women (rainbow women) by Insan Art

(featured at left is my Power of Women design on the Women's Long Sleeve Dark T-shirt, shown in brown, from Spreadshirt)

Power of Women (Rainbow Women) - I've been saving this design, but I should be promoting it weekly! It is my top-selling design on Cafepress and is amongst the top-sellers in the Gay & Lesbian category.

This design is actually an old one of mine, originally a pen and ink design created in high school. Last year I was going through my old work and I though this would be nice to scan and reformat into a digital design.

One key to successfully marketing a design on the internet is to find a good niche. While the Gay & Lesbian community isn't normally my target audience, I felt like this design would totally fly in that category. I researched what was available so far in markets like Cafepress - as usual, there were a lot of really horrible designs, nothing very artsy or original.

So, I started marketing the Power of Women design on Cafepress. With very little outside marketing, I began to get sales. The originality and quality of the design has pretty much helped it sell itself - it slowly worked it's way up through the ranks of crap on Cafepress to be one of the top-selling designs in the "For Women" sub-section of the Gay & Lesbian category.

Since this design has been so successful, I'm working on designing a version for men. Look for it soon!

The design is available on a wide variety of shirts as well as tote bags, greeting cards (Valentine's is coming!), and more...

Get your Power of Women gear at: the Insan Art Store @ Cafepress
Also available from: the Insan Art Store @ Spreadshirt

No comments: